At Horizon Dermatology and Laser Institute in Newport Beach, Torrance, and Fullerton CA, Dr. M. David Cole, MD, a board-certified dermatologist, offers a variety of treatments and procedures for aging skin. He combines state-of-the-art laser technology with his superior skills, knowledge and expertise to provide his patients with the best, least invasive treatments and superior results.
Traditional resurfacing lasers treat damaged surface skin by vaporizing skin layers (ablative) as determined by your personalized needs. Recovery from traditional laser skin resurfacing usually takes up to two weeks.
Mixto Laser Therapy
The Mixto Laser is advanced laser technology for total laser skin resurfacing. It is a fractional micro-ablative laser that uses dot therapy for collagen remodeling and improved skin appearance. The Mixto Laser is a fractional laser that removes layers of skin tissue in columns, leaving heathy tissue around each column to aid healing. These microscopic injuries to the skin induce skin tightening and new collagen formation to improve the texture and tone of the skin, reduce fine lines, deep wrinkles and acne scars.
The results of the Mixto Laser are equal to the traditional ablative lasers but with less downtime. In just 30 minutes you can have younger looking skin. Each treatment is customized for your needs. There is minimal downtime, rapid healing and little to no anesthesia is required.
It is used to treat:
- Skin discolorations- hyperpigmentation including brown spots, age spots and liver spots
- Texture changes caused by sun damage
- Acne scars and surgical scars
- Skin sagging
- Wrinkles, and
This procedure will diminish all of your skin imperfections and refresh your appearance, with more even color, tone and texture, firmer skin and a smoother, more youthful appearance. Results improve over time. Most patients need only one treatment, but the procedure can be repeated in a few months, if necessary.
Candela V Beam Laser®
The Candela V Beam Laser is a pulsed dye laser that targets blood vessels. This laser generates intense pulses of light that are absorbed by red pigmented lesions, and blood vessels which causes them to collapse and disappear. Before the laser treatment, a cooling spray is used, to minimize discomfort.
It can treat:
- Acne scars
- Facial and spider veins
- Pigmented lesions
- Rosacea- may require more than one treatment
- Red scars
- Red stretch marks, and
- Red birth marks
The Lutronic Spectra Q Switched®
The Spectra Laser is a versatile laser that provides a peel and a toner that removes pigment and improves texture. This procedure is effective to rejuvenate aging, damaged skin. It evens skin tone and texture, reduces pigmentation, fine lines and acne scars for refreshed skin and a more youthful appearance. It is gentle and safe for almost all skin types and offers long term results. The effects can be enhanced with the use of Spectra Lotion which enhances the effects.
The laser works in two ways to target pigmentation, breaking it up so the body can remove it. In addition, it heats the deeper skin layer causing it to contract which stimulates collagen formation. The result is glowing, smoother skin.
The Spectra Laser treats:
- Hyperpigmentation -sun spots, sun damage, age spots, brown and red spots
- Tattoos- the laser breaks up the ink which is removed from the body over the next few days to weeks. It gently fades and ultimately removes the tattoo safely and effectively.
All of these laser treatments can be combined to achieve multiple improvements with little to no side effects.
Lutronic INFINI® Radiofrequency Microneedling
Lutronic Infini® Radiofrequency Microneedling is a unique technology that has been clinically proven to increase collagen production for significant wrinkle reduction resulting in firmer, smoother, more refined skin. Treatment results are impressive, and similar to a noninvasive facelift, but with minimal discomfort and downtime. It is totally customizable to meet your needs, and is safe and effective for all skin types and colors. Treatments are focused on the face and neck.
- Acne scars
- Sagging skin
- Aging skin
- Pigment changes
- Textural changes
There is a short recovery and most patients can wear makeup and return to work within 1-2 days. Results are fast and visible within a week, and improve over 6 months.
Sciton Profile Laser System®
The Sciton Profile Laser System® is used for skin rejuvenation, resurfacing, photo rejuvenation and hair removal and offers laser treatments for a variety of skin conditions:
- Skin firming – Minimally invasive skin rejuvenation. Application of infrared energy deeply heats soft tissue causing skin tightening and collagen contraction which induces a restructuring of collagen fibers and collagen development. The procedure initiates the body’s natural healing process, resulting in firmer, more youthful skin and a refreshed appearance. Collagen replacement can make you look younger in just 10 minutes. The full effects will be seen over a few months.
- Phototherapy – Pulsed light treats aging skin and sun exposure. Photorejuvenation treatments even out skin tone and texture, treats wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and unwanted pigmented lesions including freckles, acne and small facial veins, rosacea and flushed skin with no side effects.
- Skin resurfacing – Microlaser peels to correct lines and wrinkles, scars and pigment problems, smooths and polishes your skin. This procedure can reverse the effects of sun damage and environmental pollutants that cause wrinkles, sun spots and a tired appearance. The removal of dull surface skin stimulates natural healing which replaces damaged skin with new, healthy skin while protecting untreated skin, and promotes rapid healing.
- Hair removal – Laser energy is absorbed by melanin in hair follicles and converts it to heat injuring hair stem cells and the root. Hair reduction can only be accomplished during the active growth phase. Laser hair removal individualized treatments destroy the hair follicles, when you are tired of plucking, shaving and waxing. To treat the back, chest, bikini area, face, neck and shoulders. Requires a series of treatment for freedom from unwanted hair.
Intense Pulsed Laser (IPL) Photofacial
The IPL Photofacial procedure uses light based technology and Q-switched lasers to treat vascular and pigmented lesions, wrinkles and gentle rejuvenates aging skin. These lasers may be used alone or in combination with topical therapies to selectively target dark spots. An IPL photofacial is most effective for gentle skin rejuvenation to address the effects of sun damaged, rosacea, melasma, and hyperpigmentation even in darker-skinned individuals. They are safe and effective for use on the face, neck and chest, with visible improvement.
A photofacial is beneficial to reduce the cosmetic impact of large pores, wrinkles and sun damage, with no downtime, minimal risk and discomfort. Laser skin resurfacing is beneficial for deep grooves and wrinkles, discolorations, serious sun damage and acne scarring, with greater risks, significantly longer recovery and dramatic results.
At Horizon Dermatology and Laser Institute in Newport Beach, Torrance, and Fullerton CA, we offer many effective laser treatments for a variety of aesthetic and medical skin conditions. Dr. M. David Cole, MD, a board-certified dermatologist, wants you to look and feel your best. He knows that looking better will make you feel better. Let us help you achieve and maintain healthy and beautiful skin
To find out if you are a good candidate for laser resurfacing, schedule a consultation with Dr. Cole at Horizon Dermatology and Laser Institute in Newport Beach, Torrance, and Fullerton CA. Our goal is to help you achieve and maintain beautiful skin.