Botox is an amazing tool for smoothing wrinkles. Men and women alike understand that appearance plays an important role in society. Both want to look better at work, as well as socially.
Botox treatments deliver dramatic results improving dynamic wrinkles caused by facial expression. Dynamic wrinkles are the result of repeated muscle contractions. Dynamic wrinkles include glabellar lines, frown lines between the eyebrows also called the “11’s”. Botox is also excellent to reduce the appearance of horizontal forehead lines, crow’s feet, squint lines, and bunny lines. Treatments can significantly improve these wrinkles and smooth the skin. You will never lose the ability to make facial expressions, they will just be less intense.
Botox treatments temporarily reduce these muscle contractions, which prevents the deepening of existing grooves and wrinkles. Applying Botox to fine lines and wrinkles can prevent the formation of deeper lines and wrinkles caused by repeated muscle contractions.
What is Botox?
Botox is made from botulism toxin created by bacteria. But, it is processed for purity and applied in controlled dosage for cosmetic purposes. Cosmetic Botox is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments worldwide. It works by blocking nerve signals to the muscles which relax the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Why do I want an expert injector?
Only an expert can safely deliver the results you seek. In inexperienced or unqualified hands, the results can be frozen expressions, drooping eyelids, uneven results, and even more dangerous consequences. Only an expert understands the facial muscles, and the amount of Botox appropriate to accomplish an aesthetically pleasing result.
Dr. M. David Cole, at Horizon Dermatology and Cosmetic Center, is a board-certified dermatologist and expert injector with the skills and aesthetic eye to apply Botox properly to create the beauty enhancing effects you desire. He can even apply Botox to achieve the appearance of a facelift! Injections around the eye’s orbits can raise the tail of the eyebrows to open your eyes, and make you appear more awake.
By understanding the action of the forehead and scalp muscles, Dr. Cole can lift the brow line to elongate the forehead, providing the appearance of a forehead lift without the surgery!
Botox can be used with fillers to create a fuller lip line, providing a sexier pout. Botox relaxes the muscles around the mouth to provide the appearance of augmented lips. Fillers can provide the volume.
Dr. M. David Cole’s Botox applications can:
- Contour the jaw line to treat oversized masseter muscles used for chewing.
- Reduce jaw line size to reveal a curved cheek and jaw.
- Round a square face.
- Eliminate vertical and horizontal forehead lines, crow’s feet and frown lines that make you look angry, anxious, fearful or fatigued.
- Smooth wrinkles over the cheek area for a more youthful look.
- Reduce Chin dimpling.
- As we age our eyebrows drop due to gravity. You may try to raise your brows to compensate. Constant raising of the brows causes horizontal creases to develop. Botox can raise the brows, and reduce droopy eyelids.
- Smooth those lines beside your nose that appear when you crinkle your nose, called “bunny lines”.
- Improve facial symmetry.
- Reduce the appearance of marionette lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin.
- Smooth deep upper lip lines.
- Soften nasolabial folds that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Raise the corners of the mouth to enhance your smile.
- The age-related downward pull of the neck muscles creates vertical neck bands that are a hallmark of aging. Botox can make them disappear!
Dr. M. David Cole, MD has trained hundreds of physicians in facial cosmetic procedures and aesthetic dermatology. He is respected for his aesthetic techniques, particularly Botox and dermal filler. He is also a compassionate, caring dermatologist.
Contact Horizon Dermatology and Cosmetic Center for a botox consultation to learn how you can improve your appearance, and turn back the clock!